This skull box appeared on an Australian site in January 2011 and was described like this:
To celebrate the 35th Anniversary of Motörhead forming we are very excited to officially announce the release of Motörhead
COMPLETE EARLY YEARS BOX SET (Limited Collector’s Edition) out June 2011. This amazing boxset is so special its contents are
housed in the Motorhead. The head is made of metallic plastic, with eyes that light up.|
• 8x cd albums – 5” japanese miniature wallets (Motorhead (chiswick) / Overkill / Bomber / Ace of spades / No sleep till
Hammersmith / Iron fist / Another perfect day / No remorse)
• 7 x cd singles – 3” japanese miniature wallets (Beer drinkers and Hell raisers / Louie Louie / Golden Years ep / St. Valentine's
Day massacre / Killed by death (with poster) / Stand by your man / Shine)
• 1x 7” vinyl single (Leaving here / White line fever), cat no 0600753306219, white vinyl (I am not sure if there also are black vinyl copies).
• Complete collectors guide to motorhead book by Mick Stevenson
• Family Tree by Pete Frame (Originally it was said to contain a Limited Justin Hampton Motorhead print)
• P.G. Brunelli Photo Book (Originally it was said to be a
Concert programme replicas hard back book featuring full colour programes of – Motorhead / Bomber / Ace of spades / Iron fist)
Originally it was also said to contain 3x classic ‘Born to lose, live to win’ pin badges but they never made it to the final release.
The releasedate was constantly delayed but in February 2012 it was finally to be released. But the band did not like it. This is what
Blabbermouth wrote in February 2012: "A new box set, called "Complete Early Years Box Set", has just come out by the company who
has the rights to the band's early recordings, and some retail outlets are allegedly charging over $600 for it! "Unfortunately,
greed once again rears its yapping head," says iconic frontman Lemmy Kilmister. "I would advise against it even for the most
rabid completists!" MOTÖRHEAD has no control over what’s done with these early songs, and doesn't want fans to think that
the band is involved in putting out such a costly box set. MOTÖRHEAD do have a great new record and DVD out, (CD is
"The Wörld Is Yours" and DVD is "The Wörld Is Ours-Vol 1 - Everywhere Further Than Everyplace Else"), and the band hopes
fans will choose these new releases over this outrageously expensive box set".
I am not sure it was actually really released in February, I think it was postponed yet again but in November it was really available
to order it.